There is room for players to improve after pennant trials on Saturday, February 10 at the Bowral Bowling Club.
Some players were very rusty and the main criticism was the lack of commitment which will need to improve.
Some bowlers missed many weeks of bowling and with pennants starting in a couple of weeks, they will have an opportunity to get back to their best.
- Ashley Lewis, Nathan Boyers, Kevin Stafford and Mick Spong defeated Arnold Lenczuk, Ian Crow, Rita South and Bob Edwards 18-13 .
This match was a tight affair with scores locked at 7-7 after nine ends and it was only towards the finish that team Spong pulled away for a five shot win.
- Graham Hunt, Lynn Boshier, Peter Watson and Gordon Lewis defeated Ian Duncan, Peter Flight, Owen Williams and Robin staples 27-9.
This was a surprising result as the first six ends had both teams on level terms 5-5.
The game then took a massive change which saw team Lewis take the score to 20-5 after 15 ends.
At the finish, team Lewis had an 18 shot win.
- David Coltman, Alistair McGhee, Stephen Della and Dugald Braithwaite defeated Terry Butt, Greg Lewis, Mick Anderson and Mick Armstrong 24-13.
This was a match that team Braithwaite was always in control of and looked in no danger of defeat.
The losing skipper Mick Armstrong stated that his side was a bit out of touch and expected big improvement in the next trial match.
- Keith Edwards and Graham Hartnup defeated Graham Denman and Jill Harwood 30-13.
- Graham Hartnup, Alex Crowther and Colin Stone defeated Barry Werfel, David Charlesworth and Viv Gear 25-10.
- Wal Markow, Brian Bailey and Joe O'Donnell defeated Alex Christlo, Rowena Coode and Charles Coode 19-17.
- Joel Hunt, Michael Hooke and Robin Staples defeated Arnold Lenczuk, Bill Meredith and Clive Neutze 23-14.
- Ian Duncan, Russell Dunstan and Gordon Lewis defeated Dennis Lees, Shane Harvey and Steve Day 23-15.
- Neville Tanner, Bill Pope and John Cummins defeated Elaine Jones, Keith Edwards and Paul Rubie 17-15.
- Graham Denman, Harold Wall and Bob Edwards played out a 24-24 draw against Lynn Boshier, Paul Mcinerney and Owen Williams.
- Jill Harwood, Graham Hunt and Ian Crow played out a 18-18 draw against Ted McPhee, Peter Flight and Chris Forrester.
On Wednesday, February 14 from 12.30pm, Bowral will play host to the Yowani Bowling Club from Canberra for a mixed bowls day.
It was also pleasing to see life member Ken Handley back on the bowling green after a long absence.
He played in the recent Chris Benton Shield Day with a new set of bowls with the Wests Tigers logo on them.