Woolworths Bowral has been deep cleaned after a customer with a confirmed case of COVID-19 visited the store.
The person was in the store on September 10 between 5.18-5.30pm and 6.30-6.35pm and on September 12 between 5.30-6pm.
A statement was made on the Woolworths website.
"As a food retailer, we already have very high standards of cleaning and hygiene in place, and in addition to these high cleaning standards the store had a deep clean," the statement read.
"The wellbeing of our customers, team and communities is our highest priority, and in line with public health advice, we are taking all necessary steps to ensure ongoing safety in our stores."
Residents who were at Bowral Woolworths in that time frame should get tested and self isolate until a negative test result is returned.
Deputy Premier and Minister for Regional NSW John Barilaro previously acknowledged a delay in COVID-19 reported on September 8.
Mr Barilaro said there were several reasons why information was delayed.
"It's very complex, [contact tracers] also have to investigate," he said.
"I accept that sometimes the information is not timely but it's difficult for many reasons."
Across NSW, 1284 people tested positive for COVID-19 and more than 155,000 people were tested in the 24 hours up until September 16, 8 pm.
South Western Sydney Local Health District has urged residents across the Highlands to remain vigilant against the Delta strain of Covid-19 and to get tested at the onset of even the mildest symptoms. High rates of testing are critical to detecting transmission and prevent the further spread of COVID-19 in the community.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away - don't delay.
- Wash your hands regularly and take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance and leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask at all times when outside your home, except when exercising.
There are two Covid-19 testing locations in the Southern Highlands.
- Bowral and District Hospital. Open 8:30 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments are not required. Entry is from Ascot Road.
- Mittagong Respiratory Clinic. Open 8 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments required, call 4800 9032. The clinic is located in the lower level of Mittagong Health Care Centre.
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.