There have been zero new cases of COVID-19 recorded in the Southern Highlands overnight.
Read also: NSW records 1542 new cases, nine deaths
The good news is a tentative step towards restrictions in the Southern Highlands potentially easing in the next fortnight if zero cases of COVID-19 are reported across 14 days in a row.
Deputy Premier and Minister for Regional NSW John Barilaro previously announced that local government areas would be assessed weekly, LGA's could exit from lockdown restrictions if there were zero cases of COVID in the community for 14 days.
There is a total of 13 active COVID-19 cases in the Southern Highlands since August 28, with one active case in the 2579 postcode, three active cases in the 2576 postcode and nine active cases in the 2575 postcode.
There has been a total of 19 cases of COVID-19 in the Southern Highlands since the second wave of the pandemic began in June 2021.
Fragments of the virus continue to be detected in the Mittagong sewage treatment plant. It was last detected on September 7.
Across NSW, 1542 people tested positive for COVID-19, and more than 133,000 were tested for the virus up until September 9, 8 pm.
South Western Sydney Local Health District has urged residents across the Highlands to remain vigilant against the Delta strain of Covid-19 and to get tested at the onset of even the mildest symptoms. High rates of testing are critical to detecting transmission and prevent the further spread of COVID-19 in the community.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away - don't delay.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask at indoor venues, especially if you can't physically distance
There are two Covid-19 testing locations in the Southern Highlands.
- Bowral and District Hospital. Open 8:30 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments are not required. Entry is from Ascot Road.
- Mittagong Respiratory Clinic. Open 8 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments required, call 4800 9032. The clinic is located in the lower level of Mittagong Health Care Centre.
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.