'A huge tick' for film Slim and I
Re the film Slim and I:
How we absolutely loved every minute of this beautifully scripted and shot film, giving full credence to country music and putting it high on the pedestal where it belongs.
There were only four of us in the cinema, so a private viewing.
Not good for our adored Empire Cinema. Use it or we lose it!
A huge tick for this one, not only for country music but also for the people outback.
The script was written by Slim Dusty's beautiful wife Joy McKean - without her he would have gone to dust.
Breathtaking photography across our shared and glorious land.
We two are quite partial to country music when we hear it - not often enough; the stories, the guitar playing - that portable instrument, easy to carry on a performer's back.
Keith Urban has a wonderful - and privileged moment at the end singing along with Slim.
All just ab fab.
Currently screening at a very convenient 2.30pm, but check for sure that hasn't changed on Empire's excellent website.
Am going to buy the sound track of this one.
Pinching music from the internet without paying has become so bad that at the end of this film they request we do the right thing.
Good on them eh?
See you at the movies for more respite and relaxation.
'The truth must get out'
Re: Students strike on Friday against gas expansion (SHN online September 24)
It is good to see young people taking an interest in and acting on at least environmental and energy matters.
It is not good to see brainwashed lemmings protesting on call for their Green indoctrinators.
Both Hitler and ilk and Greens were/are aware that the beginning of social change starts with Agenda and Indoctrination - yet another example of social engineering is that reported in this article.
PM Morrison is right regarding it being "vital to revitalising the Australian economy after the COVID recession" but he and ilk in all major parties, also bear the blame for engineering Australia into this position where the only immediate choice is to invest in 'burning stuff'.
Students need be made aware not of a fictional Green Valhalla, but the real world where real action can be taken to minimise or even eliminate the majority of emissions of all sorts. But the indoctrinators are Green.
By their very actions they don't and they won't teach balance or proportion, which of course results in the creation of little malleable people being used as puppets to further mostly pointless Green policies that exploit emotion.
Here's some food for thought.
1. Even if all Australians were dead, our combined demise of 0.32 per cent of the global population would have NIL effect on any environmental demon. That was admitted by the Chief Scientist, so it is not me who is telling porkies.
2. In their infinite wisdom, since Nuclear for power was banned in law and to this day, 140a remains despite dramatic advances in both Nuclear Engineering and the safety of power generation - power generation that DOES achieve effectively NIL emissions.
Many nations have adopted the modern Nuclear Processes, but thanks to our politicians of whatever funny hat, Australia is condemned to continue "burning stuff" for energy.
It gets worse: We continue exporting Billions raised from unaffordable electricity prices to China to buy their 'fans' and solar. These so called "renewables" do not and cannot by their very nature provide necessary base generation capacity that must inexorably churn along "burning stuff", and do so IRRESPECTIVE of fans and solar. People need understand that crucial simplicity.
Teachers/Indoctrinators, have YOU taught the children those realities?
And how many of your students have been made aware of the next from the UN?
I'll bet none - but it is VITAL that they are and that responsibility falls on YOUR shoulders. Tick BIG FAIL!
Christiana Figueres - architect of the "Paris Accord"
- "This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution."
Ottmar Edenhofer, co-chaired the U.N.'s IPCC
- "Basically it's a big mistake to discuss climate policy separately from the major themes of globalisation." (snip for clarity) "But one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world's wealth by climate policy. Obviously, the owners of coal and oil will not be enthusiastic about this. One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole."
Maurice Strong's statements explaining why he set up the IPCC and what it was to achieve and "invented" the term 'Global Warming'. Snips from his speech to Club of Rome.
- (a) "In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that .. the threat of global warming.. would fit the bill.... the real enemy, then, is humanity itself....we believe humanity requires a common motivation, namely a common adversary in order to realize world government. It does not matter if this common enemy is a real one or.... one invented for the purpose."
- (b) "Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn't it our responsibility to bring that about?".
I absolutely welcome constructive criticism, denials, insults, but the truth must get out.