The Rangers in green are filled with steam and ready to hit the pitch.
But, before that day comes, they need a few Southern Highland talents to fill some gaps.
The Yerrinbool Bargo Soccer Club is on the hunt for two female players to join their female senior side.
Yerrinbool as a club had an extremely successful last season, so if players are looking for a team with championship pedigree, now is the chance to join.
President of the Yerrinbool Bargo Soccer Club, Barry Dinham has one main objective before the season kicks off.
"Our main objective, is to fill the ladies senior side," Dinham said.
"We want anyone that is willing to play. We usually take players from the ages of 15 and up.
"We have had two senior women's sides in the past, but for this season, it will be just the one and we need a few more players to strengthen the squad."
On behalf of Council I thank all our Shire's sports clubs and players for their patience during the enforced shutdown and wish them the best of luck for the season.Wingecarribee Shire Council Council's Assets Manager Stace Lewer.
Due to COVID, many sporting teams are finding it difficult finding players, as their are many restrictions in place and people are staying home. But this is an excellent opportunity for any female looking to get back on the field.
"Like all the other clubs in the area, we've been just trying to keep our heads above water," Dinham said.
"We've been in regular communications with our players and the Highlands Soccer Association. Obviously with COVID, we did have trial matches in March, but since then nothing.
"We were supposed to be kicking off this weekend, but Wingecarribee Council have put a spanner in the works. They've called off play for this weekend (July 4).
"We're hoping it will change, but for now it's not happening."
Soccer in the Highlands was supposed to begin on July 4 for seniors and July 18 for juniors but the Wingecarribee Shire Council originally couldn't let players hit the pitches, but from July 1, Council's Assets Manager Stace Lewer said the games can return, but with strict conditions.
"While our fields have already been open for some time for training purposes, we still have to abide by NSW Public Health Safety Guidelines when competition resumes," Mr Lewer said.
"This includes limiting the number of participants and spectators on site, managing a guest register and ensuring sporting groups and organisations have a cleaning schedule for canteens, change rooms and toilets.
"We've been contacting our sports user groups and informing them of the changes that are necessary for us to reopen the grounds to competition.
"As per NSW Public Health Safety Guidelines and Legislation, this includes receiving and approving an agreed COVID-Safe Plan before players can take the fields.
"This plan details how each club proposes to comply with the State Government guidelines.
"We know thousands of Highlanders have eagerly waited to get back out and enjoy organised sports on our grounds and ovals.
"On behalf of Council I thank all our Shire's sports clubs and players for their patience during the enforced shutdown and wish them the best of luck for the season."
With the season now back on track, the Rangers have one thing on their mind.
"Our objective for this season is to win the Club Champion," President Barry Dinham said.
"We want all our grades to win. Especially our first grade. But most importantly we want to provide people a platform where they can play football."
"When we're allowed to finally get back on the paddock, we can work with whatever rules they have."
Under 10s and under 15 squads at Yerrinbool are also looking for players.
If you fit this criteria please call Barry Dinham on 0419492074, or please contact Paul on 0411442144.
COVID-Safe Plans for the use of Council-managed sports fields can be submitted to Council's Facilities Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know the Southern Highland News is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up below