Name: Mick Armstrong
Position played: Skipper
How are you feeling about the sports lock down due to coronavirus?
It is giving me a break, but with a heavy playing schedule it will give me a renewed spark and I will enjoy the come back.
How are you staying fit and healthy with this time off?
It hurts, but I have found time to do some gardening and also play board games. In fact, it sharpens the mind.
- 'I'm killing it' - Highlands hairdresser refused bail over drug haul
- Fully recovered from COVID-19 Cade Turland offers himself for plasma research
- Battle for Berrima slams Hume Coal explainer report to the Independent Planning Commission
- Wingecarribee Council prompts neighbours, applicant to meet to address development application concerns
- Wingecarribee Shire Council legal costs pass $90,000 for a month
- Hume Coal rejects 'tired and inaccurate information' from Battle for Berrima
What do you miss and can't wait to do most when back playing?
Keeping in form and able to clinch a pennant title.
Who is/was your favourite athlete growing up and how did they help shape you as a sportsman?
Brett Duprey, being a local who through his inspiration and dedication to the game went on to play for Australia and won a gold medal at the Commonwealth Games.
As most of 2020 may be cancelled what do you hope to get out of the rest of the season if your sport returns? If not, what are you looking to accomplish next season?
If this seasons pennants is officially cancelled, and the state competition resumes I hope to clinch the state's over 40's pairs title playing with Mick Spong. So far we have delivered through the zone titles. Next year - victory in pennants would be great.
Best all time bowler?
In this I have no hesitation in rubber-stamping Steve glasson. He has represented NSW and Australia on so many occasions and also a Commonwealth Games gold medal winner.
Over your playing career what have been your highlights?
Each of these has been a highlight:
- Have played in four zone semifinals
- Zone pairs final with Mick Spong
- State finals with Mick Spong, Stephen Della and Garry Brown
- State fours play-off playing for Bargo with Eric Haines, John Dawson and Mick Spong,
- Have won at Bargo - Singles, Pairs,Triples, Fours, and championships.
- When playing for Moss Vale I was men's champion five years in a row.
- Singles champion at Bowral four times.
- Won pairs with Mick Spong and Garry brown.
- Representing the district and zone for 20 years.
- Started playing bowls in 1995
Your favourite music?
Prince, ACDC and White Snake.
Your favourite food?
One thing I would say is anything my wife cooks, but I also have a thing for Italian food.