A fire has broken out on the old Hume Highway Mittagong.
It was classed as under control, however, it is no longer featured on Fires near me.
There are two fires, one at Tallong on Caourao Road and one at Green Wattle Creek, in Wollondilly are still out of control.
A fire in Marulan is being controlled, with 15 hectares burnt.
The Green Wattle Creek has been upgraded to Emergency levels.
An Emergency Warning is the highest level of Bush Fire Alert.
The latest update from NSW Rural Fire Brigade is:
- The fire is burning on both sides of Lake Burragorang.
- Fire activity is increasing due to hot and windy conditions.
- The fire is expected to impact on the Nattai Village this afternoon.
- The fire has crossed the lake on the southern side, and is burning towards the areas of Werombi, Orangeville and Theresa Park.
- The fire has crossed Ridge Road, north of Oakdale.
- If you are in the area of Nattai Village, you are at risk. Roads are affected by fire and it is too late to leave. Seek shelter as the fire front approaches. Protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If you are in the areas of Werombi, Orangeville and Theresa Park, be ready to take action. Seek shelter if the fire impacts.
- If you are in surrounding areas including Nattai, Warragamba, The Oaks, Lakesland, Thirlmere, Buxton, Balmoral, Bargo and Hill Top, monitor the conditions. Know what you will do if the fire threatens.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
According to the Bureau of Meteorology the winds coming from the west at approximately 20 - 30 km, and will shift to the east south east at 15- 20 km per hour in the afternoon and evening and will become light in the late evening.
Read Also: Be prepared as fires flare close to home