Holmwood and Staples have taken out the Moss Vale Motor Group Challenge.
Robin Staples and Mike Holmwood defeated Owen Williams and Bill Meredith 41-20 in a ten out of ten display to take out the six week tournament on the last week .
During the tournament they had never hit the front once but saved up all their shots for the last week. Of this match, little can be said as the score board tells the story .
This was a stand out display by holmwood and staples on the day and they deserved to take out the major prize.
Mr Brett Wardle the manager of Moss Vale Motor Group who has been in attendance over the whole six weeks, presented the prize money to the first four place placed.
Kevin Stafford and Carl Spilker took out the $100 dollars for the day when they defeated Bill Pope and John Cummins 37-24.
- 1st Mike Holmwood, Robin Staples 167 shots
- 2nd Graham Hunt, Bob Edwards 162 shots
- 3rd Kevin Stafford, Carl Spilker 144 shots
- 4th Brian Porter, Peter Morales 143 shots
- 5th Richard Denman, Mick Flynn 139 shots
- 6th Bill Pope, John Cummins 138 shots
- 7th Don Weller, Keith Edwards 137 shots
- 8th Kevin Jones, Bob Crowley 127 shots
- 9th Kel Limbrick, David Riddell 125 shots
- 10th Ken Looke, Brian Payne 117 shots
- Equal 11th Brian Elliott, Barry Werfel 116 shots Bill Meredith, Gordon Lewis 116 shots
- 13th Dan Ticehurst, Josh Woodcock 103 shots
- 14th John Edmonds, Don Coleman 100 shots.
The next big up coming competition will be the Mittagong RSL Shield. The popular tournament will close for entries this Saturday (August 17). Bowls secretary Dan Ticehurst has announced the conditions of play.
The event will be played over three weeks:
- Sunday September 1.
- Saturday September 7.
- Saturday September 14.
If play is washed out on days nominated for play, Sunday September 15 may be used as a reserve day.
Week 1 will be for fours, week 2 singles and triples, week 3 pairs.
- first $500
- second $300
- third $160
- fourth $100
- fifth $40
Bowlers please note entries are now open and they will close this Saturday. If you would like to enter please.