The importance of having strong core business values has always been a point of discussion for the past 20 years and over this time it has become even more important for the modern business to have identified and implemented core values.
Why are strong business values important in the modern Australian business?
Having core values that align to your business mission leads to a culture that delivers both your goals and your business mission.
And so, as business owners, we need to identify our core values and then as a team we then need to live out the core values for these reasons:
- They determine what makes your company different from other similar businesses.
- Your values assist in your employment processes. When looking to hire staff you can seek people that align with your core values.
- Your core values communicate to your customers, suppliers and stakeholders what is important to you, your employee’s and business.
- Your core values shape the overall culture of the business and aspire everyone to live up to the core values.
- In turn this contributes to the overall success of the organization.
So if your values lead to a strong culture what benefit does this have for your business?
A strong culture provides your business with an identity, it ensures you retain good staff and provides you with an image and adds to your business brand.
Overall taking the time to identify your core values, ensure they are linked to your business mission and goals and having a strong culture will enable your business to be a success well into the future.
If you have any questions about this issue please call me on 0477 012 151 or email email@example.com
- Steve Horton