Man treated for burns after explosion at Bowral mechanic

A man in his mid-40s has been taken to hospital after an explosion at a Bowral mechanic.

The mechanic was working on a vehicle at a workshop on Bowral Street when there was a small gas explosion.

The man suffered burns to his hands and flash burns to his face.

The fire spread into the workshop and caused minor damage to the building.

Emergency services arrived on the scene at about 11.05am and the fire was extinguished at 11.34am.

Nearby businesses were affected, including the Shell Coles Express petrol station which was put on standby.

Five police vehicles, two fire engines from Bowral Fire and Rescue and two ambulances were at the scene.

Emergency services were assisted by the State Medical Service.

WorkCover has been notified and police investigations are continuing.

Comments

Discuss "Man treated for burns after explosion at Bowral mechanic"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.