Man makes false assault report

FALSE REPORT: Police have established that a report regarding an assault in Moss Vale was false. Photo: file.
FALSE REPORT: Police have established that a report regarding an assault in Moss Vale was false. Photo: file.

Related content:

Police believe an alleged assault victim made a false report. 

A 17-year-old man told police he was approached by three unknown males who demanded property from him about 9pm on Saturday, March 18, outside the Moss Vale Show. 

When he refused, the teenager said he was assaulted by the three males who then left the scene.

Police from The Hume Local Area Command commenced an investigation into the incident.

Following inquiries, police were able to establish a false report had been made.

Inquiries into the incident are continuing.