As always, Anzac Day will be one of the biggest days in the Highlands calendar.
Wingecarribee Shire mayor councillor Ken Halstead said the very important day would be a top consideration for countless Highlanders.
“I’ve got generations as far back as my grandfather who have fought, and to me, I think Anzac Day should be given proper listing. I try to get to as many services as I can,” he said.
Councillors showed their support for the community at the March 8 council meeting when they voted on their representation at this year’s Anzac Day marches and services.
Berrima’s dawn service will be attended by Cr Ian Scandrett, and Cr Graham McLaughlin will attend its main service.
Mayor Cr Ken Halstead and Cr McLaughlin will join Bowral’s dawn march and service, while Cr Turland will attend its main march and service.
Cr Halstead will also visit Exeter, joined by Cr Scandrett who will also attend Bundanoon and Colo Vale.
Cr Whipper will attend Robertson/Kangaloon and Burrawang, while Crs Duncan Gair and Peter Nelson will visit Moss Vale and Sutton Forest.
Cr Grahame Andrews will attend the main march and service at Mittagong, after he is joined by Cr Turland for the dawn march and service.
Hill Top’s dawn service will be attended by council deputy general manager Mark Pepping.
2017 Anzac Day services across the Highlands
- Berrima: dawn service at 5.30am, main service at 10.30am
- Bowral: dawn march at 5.45am / service at 6am, main march at 10.35am / service at 11am
- Bundanoon: march at 10.30am, service at 11am
- Burrawang: wreath laying and service at 11am
- Colo Vale: service at 8am
- Exeter: service at 9am
- Hill Top: dawn service at 6am
- Mittagong: dawn march at 5.15am / service at 5.30am, main march at 10.30am / service at 10.45am
- Moss Vale: march at 10.30am, service at 11am
- Robertson/Kangaloon: wreath laying at 10.15am
- Sutton Forest: march at 7.50am, service at 8am