Our History

Our History | Don Bradman's name given to Glebe oval at Bowral in 1938

Updated January 31 2022 - 6:50am, first published January 7 2022 - 1:00am
TOWN'S TRIBUTE: Glebe oval at Bowral was renamed Bradman Oval in 1938. Signage erected in 1947 was replaced by this new sign at the entrance in 1962. Photo: BDH&FHS.

In the early 1930s several Bowral residents proposed that Glebe Park oval be renamed in tribute to Donald Bradman, who had grown up in the town. As told previously, at the end of 1934 Bowral Council received agreement from the Archbishop of Sydney for the purchase of Glebe Park.

Advertisement

Ad