A severe thunderstorm is expected to hit parts of the Wingecarribee Shire.
The Bureau of Meteorology issued the warning at 10:26 am.
The thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the next several hours.
According to the Bureau of Meteorology, the thunderstorms are moving towards the southeast.
Residents are reminded to remain vigilant and follow the steps provided by the SES below.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
- Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
- Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
- Unplug computers and appliances.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
- For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.