As eight local government areas in greater Sydney face stricter restrictions, the Southern Highland and Goulburn have continued to record zero new cases.
Read also: Worst day in NSW so far: 239 new COVID cases
Regional restrictions continue to apply to the Southern Highlands and Goulburn.
In some good news for the Highlands, Moss Vale sewage treatment plant no longer detects the virus fragments.
The sewage system was virus-free on July 26 and 27.
The virus continues to be detected in Bowral's sewage treatment plant due as a doctor and his wife tested positive to Covid-19 earlier this month.
There is one Covid-19 positive case with a Goulburn postcode, however, Southern NSW Local Health District (SNSWLHD) confirmed that he was not in the region and is in isolation.
There have also been zero reported Covid-19 exposure sites across both regions since July 23.
Despite the positive news, residents are still urged to remain vigilant against Covid-19.
Across NSW, 239 people tested positive to Covid-19 and more than 110,000 people were tested as of July 28, 8 pm.
Of the 239 locally acquired cases reported to 8 on July 28, 104 are from South Western Sydney Local Health District (LHD), 58 are from Western Sydney LHD, 51 are from Sydney LHD, 14 are from South Eastern Sydney LHD, five are from Nepean Blue Mountains LHD.
There are also three from Northern Sydney LHD, and four are from Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away - don't delay.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask at indoor venues, especially if you can't physically distance
NSW Health continues to urge everyone throughout NSW, to get tested immediately if they have even the mildest of symptoms. High rates of testing are critical to detecting transmission and prevent the further spread of COVID-19 in the community.
For a list of testing clinics in the Southern NSW Local Health District Area go to: https://www.snswlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/our-services/infectious-disease/covid-19
There are several Covid-19 testing clinics across Goulburn.
- Goulburn Base Hospital and Health Service 130 Goldsmith St, Goulburn.Entry through the 'old' main entrance at Goulburn Base Hospital. Monday - Friday 9 am - 3 pm. Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 1 pm. Times above reflect extended hours due to increased demand.
- Goulburn drive-through Seiffert Oval, Goulburn. Monday to Friday 8 am - 5 pm. Saturday and Sunday 8 am - 1.30 pm.
- Goulburn Capital Pathology 127 Bourke Street, Goulburn. The rear of 127 Bourke Street enter via McNaught street between Vivid Smiles Dentist and RSM Accountants, follow the street around until the end. Appointments are not required. Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Closed on Saturday and Sunday.
There are two Covid-19 testing locations in the Southern Highlands.
- Bowral and District Hospital. Open 8:30 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments are not required. Entry is from Ascot Road.
- Mittagong Respiratory Clinic. Open 8 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments required, call 4800 9032. The clinic is located in the lower level of Mittagong Health Care Centre.