After a week of high alerts and venues added to the growing Covid-19 exposure list, residents across the Southern Highlands and Goulburn are urged to remain vigilant.
The good news is that there are zero new cases of Covid-19 across the two regions as of July 25, 8 pm.
However, traces of the virus continues to be found in the Moss Vale sewage treatment plant. The virus was detected on July 22 and July 24.
Southern Highlands Division of General Practice spokesman Dr Vince Roche said it was a "genuine cause for concern."
"Covid-19 can be detected for up to eight weeks after infection," he said.
"It could be someone no longer infectious."
Covid-19 virus fragments were also found in the Bowral sewage treatment plant, however, according to Dr Roche, this was because of the infected health professional and his family in Burradoo.
Currently, there are two positive cases in the Highlands, a doctor as previously reported by the Southern Highland News, and his wife who previously tested negative. The family has been in isolation.
A previous Mittagong case is no longer shown as active on the NSW Health website.
Across NSW there were 145 cases of Covid-19 reported overnight, with more than 98,000 covid-19 tests conducted as of July 25, 8 pm.
Residents across the Highlands and Goulburn are urged to come forward for testing, especially those who had visited a confirmed exposure site or reside in Moss Vale.
Mark Cummins from Capitol Pathology Goulburn said he was pleased people from the community were getting tested.
Mr Cummins said more than 160 people turned up to Capitol Pathology on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get tested.
"Friday was a big day," he said.
"This was the first time we opened on a Saturday and Sunday. It was only for four hours but we had 30 to 40 people get tested on Saturday."
Capitol Pathology has a 12-hour turnaround on Covid-19 test results.
Crystal Bembridge from Laverty Pathology said that more than 200 people got tested at Seiffert Oval drive-through clinic on Friday, July 23.
Numbers however dropped off on the weekend, with approximately 70 tests completed on Saturday and Sunday.
Laverty Pathology has a 72-hour turnaround on Covid-19 test results.
Southern NSW Local Health District was contacted for comment.
According to the NSW Health website, a daily number of 80 Covid-19 tests were conducted in the Southern Highland region.
South Western Sydney Local Health District which covers Bowral and District Hospital said they would provide weekly testing numbers at the end of this week.
SWSLHD has urged anyone feeling unwell even with the mildest of symptoms such as a runny nose, scratchy or sore throat, cough, fever, shortness of breath, headache, tiredness, loss of taste or smell, nausea, diarrhoea or muscle aches - to self-isolate and seek Covid-19 testing.
To help stop the spread of Covid-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away - don't delay.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask at indoor venues, especially if you can't physically distance
There are two Covid-19 testing locations in the Southern Highlands.
- Bowral and District Hospital. Open 8:30 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments are not required. Entry is from Ascot Road.
- Mittagong Respiratory Clinic. Open 8 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments required, call 4800 9032. The clinic is located in the lower level of Mittagong Health Care Centre.
There are several Covid-19 testing clinics across Goulburn.
- Goulburn Base Hospital and Health Service 130 Goldsmith St, Goulburn.Entry through the 'old' main entrance at Goulburn Base Hospital. Monday - Friday 9 am - 3 pm. Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 1 pm. Times above reflect extended hours due to increased demand.
- Goulburn drive-through Seiffert Oval, Goulburn. Monday to Friday 8 am - 5 pm. Saturday and Sunday 8 am - 1.30 pm.
- Goulburn Capital Pathology 127 Bourke Street, Goulburn. The rear of 127 Bourke Street enter via McNaught street between Vivid Smiles Dentist and RSM Accountants, follow the street around until the end. Appointments are not required. Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Closed on Saturday and Sunday.