A cafe and a bakery in Mittagong have been visited by a Covid-19 positive case.
Station House Cafe in Mittagong and Mittagong Cakes and Pies were named as venues for concern by NSW Health on July 23, 10:30 pm.
Anyone who attended Station House Cafe on Wednesday, July 21 between 6:30 am to 8 am is considered a casual contact and must get tested immediately and isolate until a negative test is received.
Anyone who attended Mittagong Cakes and Pies on Wednesday, July 21 between 6:30 am to 8 am is considered a casual contact and must get tested immediately and isolate until a negative test is received.
NSW Health's ongoing sewage surveillance program has detected fragments of the Covid-19 virus at the sewage treatment plant in Moss Vale.
There are no known cases of Covid-19 in Moss Vale.
Residents have been asked to remain vigilant for any symptoms and to get tested immediately.
A further three venues of concern were named in neighbouring Wollondilly Shire.
Anyone who attended the Southbound Caltex in Pheasants Nest along the Hume Highway on Tuesday, July 20 is considered a casual contact and must get tested immediately and isolate until a negative test is received.
Anyone who attended Tahmoor Woolworths on Tuesday, July 20 between 12 pm - 12:30 pm and Tahmoor Subway on Tuesday, July 20 between 12:10 pm - 12:25 pm is also considered a casual contact and must get tested immediately and isolate until a negative test is received.
If you were at any of the venues in the last four days, a further test on day five is required.
Currently, there are two active cases of Covid-19 in the Southern Highlands.
South Western Sydney Local Health District has urged anyone feeling unwell even with the mildest of symptoms such as a runny nose, scratchy or sore throat, cough, fever, shortness of breath, headache, tiredness, loss of taste or smell, nausea, diarrhoea or muscle aches - to self-isolate and seek Covid-19 testing.
To help stop the spread of Covid-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away - don't delay.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask at indoor venues, especially if you can't physically distance
There are two Covid-19 testing locations in the Southern Highlands.
- Bowral and District Hospital. Open 8:30 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments are not required. Entry is from Ascot Road.
- Mittagong Respiratory Clinic. Open 8 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments required, call 4800 9032. The clinic is located in the lower level of Mittagong Health Care Centre.
There are several Covid-19 testing clinics across Goulburn.
- Goulburn Base Hospital and Health Service 130 Goldsmith St, Goulburn.Entry through the 'old' main entrance at Goulburn Base Hospital. Monday - Friday 9 am - 3 pm. Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 1 pm. Times above reflect extended hours due to increased demand.
- Goulburn drive-through Seiffert Oval, Goulburn. Monday to Friday 8 am - 5 pm. Saturday and Sunday 8 am - 1.30 pm.
- Goulburn Capital Pathology 127 Bourke Street, Goulburn. The rear of 127 Bourke Street enter via McNaught street between Vivid Smiles Dentist and RSM Accountants, follow the street around until the end. Appointments are not required. Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Closed on Saturday and Sunday.
There are several Covid-19 testing clinics in the Wollondilly and Macarthur area.
- Campbelltown Hospital. Open 8:30 am - 5 pm. Appointments are not required.
- Camden Hospital. Open 8:30 am - 5 pm. Appointments are not required.
- Narellan Community Health Centre, at 14 Queen St. Monday - Saturday from 8.30 am to 5 pm.
- Narellan Laverty Pathology Drive-through Clinic, 2 Porrende Street. Monday - Sunday 8:30 am - 10 pm extended hours. Appointments are not required.
- Picton Respiratory Clinic, 196 Margaret Street. Monday - Friday 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm. Saturday 1 pm - 1:45 pm. Appointments required.
- Tahmoor Medlab Pathology Drive-through Clinic, 158 Remembrance Driveway. Monday to Friday 9 am - 4 pm. Saturday 9 am - 1 pm. No appointment is required.
For your nearest testing clinic visit www.health.nsw.gov.au