A jury considering rape charges against NRL footballer Jack de Belin has indicated its deliberations may continue into next week.
The St George Illawarra forward, 30, and his friend Callan Sinclair, 24, have both pleaded not guilty to multiple counts of aggravated sexual assault.
The Sydney District Court jury on Thursday asked if it was permitted to continue its verdict deliberations into next week, in the event it could not "achieve a unanimous decision" by Friday afternoon.
Jurors had previously been asked to ensure they were available until Friday.
Judge Nicole Noman explained mention of Friday hadn't been a requirement for verdicts to be returned by then.
"You should feel you can take as long as is required," she said.
The jury retired on Monday morning after hearing evidence and submissions over 13 days about the December 2018 events.
A woman says she met de Belin and Sinclair on a Wollongong dancefloor before accompanying them to a unit, north of the city centre.
While inside, she says her protests were ignored when the professional footballer shoved her onto the bed and began raping her.
Sinclair is accused of joining in shortly thereafter.
The men denied she protested in any way, testifying she agreed to and appeared to enjoy consensual sex.
No jury notes were sent to Judge Noman until Thursday morning, when a request was made for a copy of the legal directions the judge gave at the end of the trial.
That request was granted.
Australian Associated Press