2020 has been a challenging year for all of us especially for Year 12 students, of whom I am very proud.
Dear Students, you have shown resilience and commitment as well as understanding and patience.
Although many of the activities that would have marked your final year at school have been cancelled due to COVID-19, you have not complained at all and you have found other ways to celebrate, to enjoy the company of your friends, to be positive and contribute to the school community.
The boarders, who have been unable to leave the campus all year, unable to return to their families overseas, have shown particular resilience and strength.
Now that you are going out into the wider world, my prayer for you is that when you feel a little overwhelmed by life's difficulties, remember this year and turn to God in prayer for peace and serenity. He will never turn his back on you.
All your teachers and staff at the college wish you the best in everything you do. We will miss you greatly.
Messages from students...
- This year we experienced a very tough time with COVID-19 and we couldn't freely leave the campus after school but we had better opportunities to concentrate on our studies.
- We experienced a painful time this year because of the virus but we have been having a fantastic time with our teachers. They have really taught us a lot in class and for assessments.
- I've also enjoyed being with my friends.
- We've all made huge progress with our study because we had nothing else to do! I hope everyone gets good results. Good luck!
- You are not alone. Let's fight together to get over this hard year!
- We'll miss our basketball games and badminton competition.
- I will really miss the food! Thanks to all the catering staff.
- My teachers and friends have been so much fun, I will really miss laughing and sharing jokes and good times.
- I wish we could have gone on the annual Gold Coast trip. We'll meet you up there next year.
- Yes it has been a hard year, but there were good times throughout the year. The connections we created together will allow us to strive towards the endgame.
- The most important message for me this year was to use the isolation to get to know friends and family better and to always think of those who are less fortunate than ourselves.
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.