The Royal Commission will consider a late submission from Wingecarribee Shire Council.
A spokeswoman confirmed they had received Wingecarribee Shire Council's submission for the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements.
"The Commission will give due consideration to the information provided in Wingecarribee Shire Council's submission," she said.
"Wingecarribee Shire Council's submission, along with the almost 1770 submissions received from individuals, organisations, community groups and the broader community, informs the Commission's work."
The five-page submission form was sent to the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements on June 30.
Council opted not to include supporting material with the submission, as indicated on their submission form.
There were two opportunities for bushfire-affected councils to provide a submission.
The Royal Commission called for public submissions on March 2.
Due to a tight reporting deadline, the initial deadline for submissions was Friday, April 3.
The deadline was extended to April 8, due to requests from the public and recognition of the impact of COVID-19.
However the Royal Commission did seek additional information from bushfire-affected councils.
The Royal Commission also released an issues paper on local governments and natural disasters on June 5.
Councils were invited to submit their responses to the issues paper by June 18.
It is understood the Royal Commission team called and emailed several bushfire-affected councils.
A Royal Commission spokeswoman said the team had previously made contact with Wingecarribee Shire Council to find an appropriate local contact person.
"The Royal Commission contacted councils representing fire-affected local government areas," she said.
"The Commission emailed Wingecarribee Shire Council (firstname.lastname@example.org) seeking contact information for the local bushfire recovery coordinator.
The Southern Highland News has confirmed with council staff the email@example.com inbox is monitored.
Mayor Duncan Gair said he was "unaware of an email".
The brevity of council's submission drew criticism at Wednesday night's council meeting.
Mayor Gair said he believed the submission was sufficient.
"The only thing I'll say is sometimes less is better," Mayor Gair said.
"If the Royal Commission wants council to expand in any areas of the submission, I would expect them to contact council."
Mayor Gair reiterated his disappointment the submission was late, but said council would take note of the Royal Commission's findings.
"The big thing is a submission has been lodged," he said.
"I am disappointed that it is late. I feel that maybe some sections of the community may feel let down by the late submission.
"I hope councils and agencies in fire-affected areas can learn from the findings of the commission."
See Wingecarribee Shire Council's late submission to the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements below: