The return of the community pantry at Mittagong is just around the corner.
The Anglicare Community Van will pull into St Stephen's Anglican Church in Mittagong on June 19.
It will provide the opportunity for people in the community access up to two bags full of pantry items for just $10 a bag.
One of the church members involved in the program Lynette Ray said that people could choose from a variety of pantry staples including flour, sugar, long life milk and tinned products to fill their bag.
- Legal procedures for compensation, rising costs prompt shelving of Robertson Aquatic Centre
- Wingecarribee Council warns Station Street Pin Oaks could be 'future safety hazard'
- Wingecarribee councillor urges community to speak up or lose playgrounds
- The curtain will soon reopen as the Empire Cinema strikes back
- Wingecarribee residents warned about accepting fill from dirt dealers
- Public facilities, Crown reserves to benefit from $14m funding program
- Local leader: $2.8million funding for Bowral Memorial Hall, tenders sought for Moss Vale Saleyards
"The items available vary from one visit to the next," she said.
"Some food is donated, but Anglicare also purchases many of the items available, that is why there is a fee charged for each bag."
Lynette said that anyone was welcome to make a purchase from the pantry.
However, she said there was a two bag limit per person.
The pantry service will be at the church fortnightly from June 19 and will be open from 10.30am to 11.30am.
Meanwhile, the church's popular Friday morning tea has also resumed.
Supported with donations of cakes and pastries from Gumnut Patisserie, Bakers' Delight and the Chelsea Bakery in Mittagong, the morning tea is held each Friday from 10am until midday.
The morning tea provides an opportunity for people to catch up with others in the community while enjoying a complimentary drink, and cake or pastry.
Lynette said that sanitiser would be available and social distancing was required to meet the current COVID-19 regulations.
She said there was also a limit of 50 people at the venue at any one time.