Composers of the Southern Highlands will have the chance to showcase their talents in a special competition.
But they need to make sure their entries are submitted by June 30.
The Southern Highlands Symphony Orchestra Composer Competition is open to original orchestral work.
The competition is sponsored by one of the SHSO's distinguished patrons, Ann Carr-Boyd AM.
- Developer withdraws plans for residential care facility in historically significant precinct in the Southern Highlands
- Funding to keep creative kids connected during COVID-19
- The challenges of doing the HSC in the COVID-19 pandemic: A Southern Highlands students shares their thoughts
- Three Southern Highlands sporting groups receive funding boost
- Pie-minister's inaugural address steaks claim on National Pie Day to kick start Southern Pie-lands' Pie Time
Formed in 2014 the SHSO has become a significant feature of the cultural life of the Southern Highlands.
The winning composition in the Composer Competition will be performed at the SHSO Concerts when concerts can resume following the end of COVID-19 restrictions.
A first prize of $2000 and second prize of $500 will also be up for grabs.
The closing date for competition entries to be received is June 30.
Applicant must live in one of the following locations: Southern Highlands, Goulburn, Nowra, Illawarra, Kiama, Kangaroo Valley, Camden, Picton or Wollongong. In addition, any former student from these districts who is now at a tertiary institution outside these areas may also enter the competition.
Application forms are available at www.shso.org.au
Further details: email@example.com or call 0416380567