Wingecarribee Shire Council wishes to advise that footpath construction works are scheduled to commence adjacent to Mittagong Road, Bowral from May 25.
Works will include the construction of new 1.5-metre-wide reinforced concrete footpath on the eastern side of Mittagong Road between Cliff Street and Tulloona Ave.
Construction activities will be carried out between 7.00am and 6.00pm weekdays.
During construction, sections of Mittagong Road may be temporarily reduced to one-way traffic and the speed limit reduced to 40 kilometres per hour.
- Pie-minister's inaugural address steaks claim on National Pie Day to kick start Southern Pie-lands' Pie Time
- Developer withdraws plans for residential care facility in historically significant precinct in the Southern Highlands
- Funding to keep creative kids connected during COVID-19
- The challenges of doing the HSC in the COVID-19 pandemic: A Southern Highlands students shares their thoughts
- Three Southern Highlands sporting groups receive funding boost
Access to properties along Mittagong Road, Cliff Street and Tulloona Ave will be maintained throughout the construction.
Road users are cautioned to follow the changed traffic conditions, exercise care when traveling through the work zones and be aware of loose stones and heavy machinery within the work areas.
Council thanks residents and motorists in advance for their cooperation and apologises for any temporary delays or inconvenience.
Works are expected to be completed by the end of June 2020.
All timeframes are subject to weather conditions.
For further information please contact Jamil Ashraf from Council's Infrastructure Services Branch on 4868 0519.