The second stage of the 'Share the Love' campaign and a virtual Pie Time are among the initiatives to support economic recovery of the Southern Highlands.
Destination Southern Highlands group manager Steve Rosa said the region was currently in Phase 1 of the 'Share the Love' Recovery Campaign.
He said the initiative aimed to promote 'Buy Local/Shop Local' and targeted local residents to support businesses that were open.
- Rural Women's Award paves way for new support for small dairy farmers
- Local news at risk as regional media sweats on pandemic relief
- Police out in force to target rural road trauma this weekend
- Southern Highlands businesses support each other through tough COVID-19 times
- Businesses could start to reopen as early as next Friday as Australia earns 'early mark'
- New tool puts COVID-19 hot spots on the map
"We also encourage all businesses in the shire to register their operations with DSH so that we can assist in the promotion and awareness of such businesses in the shire," he said.
Destination Southern Highlands is pushing its 'Open for Business' website www.visitsouthernhighlands.com.au/open-for-business/ and isolation 'Survival Packs' featuring local businesses and products www.visitsouthernhighlands.com.au/deals/survival-packs/
Development of Stage 2 of the 'Share the Love' COVID-19 communications strategy for presentation to businesses will begin next week (from May 3) which will outline the region's transitioning and open for business promotional opportunities.
Stage 2 has a Revive focus, targeting markets mainly outside the Southern Highlands (Sydney, Canberra and Illawarra) as well as locals via their Visiting Friends and Relatives (VFR).
Meanwhile, DSH is also in the process of developing a 'virtual Pie Time' Communications Strategy for presentation to businesses next week.
Other efforts being undertaken to support business on the road to economic recovery include:
- Daily industry E-direct mailer highlighting support resources, initiatives and opportunities at www.shcorporate.com.au/destination-southern-highlands/news-media/news/
- Creation of central portal for businesses to refer in regard to all things COVID-19 www.shcorporate.com.au/destination-southern-highlands/resources/#COVID-19
Meanwhile, promotion of the Southern Highlands Destination Plan 2020-2030 which will provide a longer term blueprint for economic development in the shire.