What we know
- Flu Assessment Clinic is running smoothly at Bowral and District Hospital
- Number of positive cases: Still 7
- Proportion or no of positives due to overseas travel / cruise ships/known contacts: all
- Number of local cases who have required admission to hospital: - 1 (but not admitted to Bowral Hospital)
- Number of swabs done: Around 15 each day for yesterday and today at the new Flu Assessment Clinic
- Number of resolved cases: - not known (a little early to know yet)
- Number of community acquired cases in the Highlands: - nil
READ ALSO: Latest snapshot of the coronavirus impact
- NSW Health recommendations for testing have enlarged - list getting quite complex as we target likely cases - and more focused on at medium risk populations (eg health care workers, aged care workers) and high risk populations such as aged care facilities, boarding schools, gaols, detention centres, remote and rural aboriginal communities - and of course, known epicentres of known disease (eg returned travellers and cruise ship passengers).
- The local medical community (along with the overwhelming majority of Australian doctors) believes strongly that we should be socially isolating everyone who is not an essential worker as well as the children of anyone who is not an essential worker. Socially isolating and frequent soap and water handwashing remains the main opportunity for us to manage this epidemic.