Disaster assistance has been made available to help people and businesses impacted by recent storms and flooding in the Wingecarribee Shire.
Federal Member for Hume Angus Taylor said assistance for farmers and small businesses is being provided through the Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP).
"The recent storms and flash flooding has resulted in widespread damage to roads, infrastructure, businesses and residential properties," Mr Taylor said.
Assistance available under the DRFA may include:
- help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged
- support for affected local councils to help with the costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets
- concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and non-profit organisations
- freight subsidies for primary producers, and
- grants to eligible non-profit organisations
If you are uninsured and have low income, for information on personal hardship and distress assistance, please contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.
To apply for a concessional loan or grant, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or visit www.raa.nsw.gov.au