Christmas parties, gift shopping and of course caroling - these are all the things we can expect during the festive season.
And that busy festive season is now upon us.
The parties will depend on each person, the gift shopping will be an ongoing process over the next few weeks.
So that leaves the question of where to go to be on song with a carol or two.
As is the case most years there is never a shortage of caroling options in the Southern Highlands.
To help you choose an event that best suits you we have pulled together a list of the Christmas carol events we know of so far.
However, if you are planning to Deck the Halls with the sounds of Christmas tunes at another event in the Highlands tor you are planning an event then please let us know so we can add it to these details.
READ ALSO: Harbison residents spread Christmas cheer
In the meantime to get you in the festive spirit, and then keep you there, here is the list of events we know so far:
- Serendipity will present sing Noel from 4pm at the Uniting Church Hall, Boolwey Street, Bowral, on November 30. The program will include a variety of festive music. There will be some traditional carols and well-known choral works such as the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah as well as some unusual pieces from around the world including Africa, France, Ukraine and the Caribbean. For further details call 0407 293 678 or firstname.lastname@example.org Serendipity will perform again on December 6 from 7.30pm and December 7 from 4pm at Bundanoon Memorial Hall, Railway Parade Bundanoon, with a similar program on offer.
- Bowral Family Carols by Candlelight will be held at Bradman Oval from 5.30pm on December 5. There will plenty of great music throughout the event including entertainment by Colin Buchanan and the St Jude's Choir. There will also be food and drinks on sale at various stalls. Bring your own picnic blanket, chairs and your voice ready to sing-a-long during a night of family fun for all.
- Carols by Candlelight at Mittagong Presbyterian Church on the corner of Alice and Edward Streets, Mittagong, from 6.30pm and a free barbecue followed by carols, ice cream and supper will be on offer. Speaker for the evening will be Capernwray Moss Vale director Peter Thomas. Bring your own rug or chairs. All interested people are welcome. The event will move indoors in the case of rain. For further details call John and Dorothy Wheeler on 0408 638 192 or Doug and Dell McPherson on 040 444 0421.
- Highland Singers Christmas Concert at Bowral Memorial Hall, Bendooley Street Bowral from 2pm. Afternoon tea will be provided by choir members after the performance. Entry is by donation and all proceeds will be donated to Can Assist which is a local organisation that helps cancer sufferers in their time of need.
- Get into the festive spirit with a carols afternoon at the region's oldest church - Christ Church Bong Bong on the corner of Argyle Street and Church Road, Moss Vale. The event will begin at 2.30pm with the support of some members of the Highlands Singers. The singing will be followed by afternoon tea.
- Carols in the Park at Leighton Gardens, Argyle Street, Moss Vale from 6pm. This promises to be a fun night of family activities from 6pm with carols from 7pm. You can bring your own picnic. There will also be entertainment, food stalls, a barbecue, fairy floss and drinks for sale as well as face painting.
- St David's Anglican Church, Burrawang, Traditional Carols will be held on December 15, with light supper inclded, from 4.30pm at the church.
- Carols will be held at Hill Top War Memorial from 7.30pm. Pre-seating and a barbecue will be held from 6pm and a supper will follow the caroling.
- Robertson Anglican Church will hold Family Carols at the Robertson Church in Meryla Street, Robertson. This family event offers heaps of kids activities, a barbecue, farmyard animals, jumping castle, and local musicians. Kids activities from 5pm and carols from 6.30pm. All welcome.
- Carols in the Church will be held at Mittagong Uniting Church on December 24 from 6.15pm to 7.00pm. Come along and sing along to your favourite carols. The church opens from 5.30pm for a cuppa, cordial, coffee and conversation before the singing begins. All are welcome. Details: Shonagh on 4871 1369.
If you have a Christmas event you want to include in this list please send details through our website at www.southernhighlandnews.com.au, click on the community tab then go to 'send us your news