Female participation in Rugby League continues to grow with six CRL Women's 9's competitions set to kick-off in Regional New South Wales this weekend.
Group 3 Juniors, Group 4, Group 19, Group 21, Albury and Group 16 9's all begin this weekend, with an additional five competitions to kick-off in the coming weeks.
CRL Women's Participation Officer Kylie Hilder believes the 9's are the perfect opportunity for new or returning players to get involved in the game and reach a higher level of playing.
"These 9's are very important as it's the first step into the representative pathways," Hilder said.
"Our 9's are being used to identify girls for the Regional High Performance Academies, which will then be used to select the regional sides for the 2020 Country Championships.
"Our Country Rugby League Player of the Year, Takilele Katoa was discovered through the Women's Country Championships playing for the Riverina Bulls.
"This year alone, she went on to represent NSW Country in the Women's National Championships, the NSW Blues and the St George Illawarra Dragons in the NRLW competition.
"Takilele will be playing in the two-day Albury 9's carnival this weekend as well."
If you require more information about the competitions, please contact Kylie Hilder - firstname.lastname@example.org
GROUP START DATE FINISH DATE
- NRRRL 3rd November 15th December
- GROUP 28th November 6th December
- Group 3 Seniors 18th October 22nd November
- Group 3 Juniors 12th October 9th November
- Group 4 12th October 2nd November
- GROUP 19 12th October 9th November
- GROUP 21 11th October 15th November
- ILLAWARRA 2nd November 30th November
- ALBURY 11th October 13th October
- GROUP 16 12th October 2nd November
- Group 6 2nd November 30th November