The need for speed was adamant for spectators and that's exactly what they got at Pheasant Wood Circuit.
The smell of burning rubber and screeching tires filled the air as the Small Car Cup got underway.
As the attendees watched on, racer and creator Jon Mansell was enjoying the fruits of his labour from behind the steering wheel.
"It was an idea I've been working on for three to four years," Mansell said.
"We finally got the opportunity to put the race together at Pheasant Wood Circuit and it was an excellent day on track.
"A lot of work went into getting the day to happen and on the actual day itself. As it is a new series everything document wise needed to be typed up and created from scratch. We're talking six months worth of work from that alone.
"We announced the series on May 1 2019 and had 14 cars lined up for the race. Unfortunately one car failed in pre-race practice."
As we can see in Motorsports, the team with the biggest budget usually has the best opportunity to cross the line in first. The 13 cars that lined up to race were quite evenly matched.
"All cars were under 1600 cc," Mansell said.
"They ran in two categories. 0-63 kilowatts (KW) and 64-86 KW. We had Nissan Pulsars, a Mazda Bubble and several other makes.
"I ran a Mazda 323, it was a good spread of cars."
Mansell placed fifth in the 64-86 KW series with 23 points. But that wasn't the only highlight of the weekend for him.
"Finally getting the event on track (laughs)," Mansell said.
"There were some great battles on the track. I was in the midfield and had an excellent dice in the first race with Varouj Dilanian and his Corolla. You really couldn't put a cigarette paper between us."
This will not be a one time event and for anyone interested can apply for next race.
"Entries are open now for round two," Mansell said.
"The next round will be held on October 6 and people can contact us at www.drivetekmotorsport.com."
0-63 KW Points
- 1) 818 No Need For Swede Nathan Senior Mazda 121 Bubble 35
- 2) 11 Drivetek Motorsport Varouj Dilanian Toyota Corolla 58kW 31
- 3) 38 SOS Race Stickers Andy Clarkson Ford Laser Tx-3 63kw 30
- 4) 59 Fro Racing Rod Saville Toyota Starlet 60kW 26
- 5) 60 Fro Racing Kevin Saville Hyundai Excel X2 60k 23
64 - 86 KW
- 1) 22 Pulsonic Motorsport Mike Behnke Nissan Pulsar N15 33
- 2) 12 Pulsonic Motorsport Zheng Ye Nissan Pulsar N15 30
- 3) 35 Raceaway Phil Alexander Nissan Pulsar N16 29
- 4) 06 Fro Racing Gerry Frohriech Hyundai Excel X3 74k 23
- 5) 18 Drivetek Motorsport Jon Mansell Mazda 323 Protege 23
- 6) 25 Albury Motorsport Ken Albury Mitsubishi Mirage 23
- 7) 75 Fro Racing Darren Barras Hyundai Excel X3 74k 20
- 8) 39 David Bailey Nissan Pulsar N15 15
- 9) 71 Fro Racing Paul Lockyer Mitsubishi Mirage 69 0 0 0 0