First round matches of the consistency commenced and Edmonds was in fine form for first round of consistency singles.
In the match of the day John Edmonds defeated Gordon Lewis 151-145.
The scoring in consistency singles is as follows four shots for closest to jack then three shots for second shot two shots for third shot and one shot for fourth shot.
The first ten ends Edmonds had a 58-38 lead and after that had increased the lead to 110-86 after 20 ends. After 26 ends the game became a bit closer when Lewis made a move and when 26 ends had been played Edmonds still in front 135-121.
At the finish Edmonds took out the match by six shots and the fact was Edmonds was to good with his draw shots.
- Rick Reynolds defeated Kel Limbrick 151-99.
- Keith Edwards defeated Joe O'Donnell 153-108.
- Mick Flynn defeated Barry Werfel 152-138.
- David Riddle defeated Robin Staples 151-125.
- Steve Day defeated Chris Forrester 153-136.
- Bob Edwards defeated Brian Porter 152-114.
- Clive Neutze defeated Kevin Jones 151-132.
Neville Tanner and Don Coleman defeated John Fleming and Bill Meredith 17-12.
Bill Pope, Paul Rubie and John Cummins defeated Brian Hall, Colin Stone and Don Chapman 23-17.