The annual match between Bowral and Beecroft took place in extreme weather conditions.
Beecroft have always had the better of these matches, but in a tense afternoon with six rinks of triples, plenty of talent was on show. At the end of the day's play Bowral regained the cup.
Bowral won three rinks and Beecroft won three rinks. But at the end it was the master board that won the day with Bowral 85 shots and Beecroft 71 shots.
Christie Williams, Alistair McGhee and Josh Woodcock defeated Beecroft 24-6.
Bowral refused to let the opposition into the match with good draw shots and strong on shots. Amazingly these tactics worked and it set Bowral on the road to victory.
Alyson Price, Noel Fraser and Paul Leverett defeated Beecroft 20-11.
Bowral played some aggressive shots in this match and all the better for it, and was always in control.
Elaine Jones, Gordon Lewis and Stephen Della defeated Beecroft 16-10.
Beecroft got away to a poor start being down 13-3 after eight ends. Most of the second half was very tight with Beecroft having a slight edge, but Bowral hung on for a six shot win.
- Richard Denman, Enid Brown and Carl Spilker lost to Beecroft 17-10.
- Lynne Boshier, Owen Williams and Nathan Boyers lost to Beecroft 15-7.
- Brian Porter, Robin Staples and Gail Fraser lost to Beecroft 12-8.
- Mick Flynn and Nathan Boyers defeated Harold Wall and Alistair McGhee 28-16.
- Kevin Jones and Josh Woodcock defeated Ted McPhee and Carl Spilker 22-20.
- Peter Watson and Peter Morales defeated Kel Limbrick and Brian porter 31-11
- Mick Flynn and Nathan Boyers defeated Chris Forrester and Gordon Lewis 25-21.
- John Edmonds and Bob Edwards defeated Keith Edwards Don Coleman 30-15.