The countdown to Bundanoon Winterfest has begun.
The annual event kick-offs with a bang and a mix of entertainment on July 6.
Festivities start at 5pm with entertainment until 9:30pm.
Railway Avenue will be transformed into a fairground complete with rides, amusements, music, lights, and more than 20 food and beverage vendors.
The ice rink will make a welcome return, as will the photobooth.
Wannabe cowboys and cowgirls can test their endurance on the mechanical bucking bull.
The performance stage will feature music from Sydney based duo Boy.Girl, local bush band Paddy's River, and Big Sky Mountain, a seven-piece all-female group.
The Soldiers' Memorial Hall will become the Winterfest no-chill zone, a place to relax and escape the cold.
Gracey's Amazing Suitcase will keep things lively, and there'll be face-painting, colour-in, and a booth selling glowsticks.
There'll also be two performances by The Magic Jester in the supper room.
Many of the Bundanoon's Railway Avenue eateries will be open, and kids can head over to Potter's Pantry to decorate cookies and leave their creative mark on the Winterfest Wonder Wall.
An exhibition, featuring artworks entered in the Winterfest/Arthead from the heart competition, along with recent work by members of the Bundanoon Men's Shed, will be open at the Uniting Church all day Saturday and Sunday.
Over the following week, there's a packed program of activities for young and old alike including cooking and craft classes, animal encounters, and loads more music, food, and fun.
Highlights of the festival program include:
- A performance of Dead Men Talking, featuring Max Cullen and Warren Fahey, will embody literary legends, Banjo Paterson and Henry Lawson.
- Join local choristers and learn to sing a well-known classic at Bundanoon Sings at the Pub.
- Discover how to properly match wine and cheese with Cherry Tree Hill.
- Get close to some animals when Australian Wildlife Displays comes to town.
- Bid Farewell to Winterfest at the Rebels Football Club bonfire on July 13 at Ferndale Reserve.
Visit www.bundanoonwinterfest.com for more information.