Operation 'Stay Alert' will be in force this June long weekend.
Police will target speeding, mobile phone, seatbelt and motorcycle/helmet offences, which will attract double demerit points.
So far this year, 165 people have lost their lives on NSW roads.
Traffic and Highway Patrol Commander Assistant Commissioner Michael Corboy said the majority of those who've lost their lives on NSW roads so far this year were men.
"Speeding or drink driving doesn't make you more of a man - nor does risking the life of your mates or those you love," he said.
"I am renewing our appeal to passengers, regardless of where you are sitting in the vehicle, to call the driver out on their behaviour. "
Minister for Police and Emergency Services David Elliott said police were not interested in excuses when it came to ensuring the safety of everyone on the road.
"Drivers need to be vigilant, tragedy can strike anywhere, at any time," he said.
"Don't become insulated in your own invincibility, be alert and remain mindful of drivers around you - drive to survive.
"Many people are expected to leave Sydney and head south for the start of the snow season. People are reminded not to try and do too much in a short time frame, placing themselves and their loved ones at risk of being killed or injured in a crash."
Minister for Roads Andrew Constance said too many people become complacent when they get into a vehicle.
"Too many people have lost their lives or been injured on our roads so far this year," he said.
"Speeding, drink and drug driving and fatigue remain the biggest killers on our roads. We need everyone to think about their actions every time they get behind the wheel and the impact those actions may have on others."
Operation Stay Alert will start at 12.01am on June 7 and will run until 11.59am on June 10.