John Lewis and Bill Meredith defeated Brian Elliott and Robin Staples 18-17.
This turned out to be a top match, skipper Robin Staples gave great help to new bowler Brian Elliott.
Lewis and Meredith went to a 7-1 lead after four ends and after 12 ends still in front 13-7.
Related Further:Bowral faces off with Wallacia teams at Bowral Bowling Club
Elliott and Staples then came back into the match and able to promote some good shots that after 19 ends the scores equal 15-15.
Elliott and Staples had the chance to cause a upset .
In a low scoring match it was Lewis and Meredith hanging on for a one shot win.
- Graham Hunt and Dan Ticehurst defeated Colin Stone and Owen Williams 32-22.
- John Edmonds and Bill Pope defeated Bruce Hall and Barry Werfel 34-5
- John Cummins and Mick Flynn defeated Paul Rubie and Peter Morales 25-11
- Richard Denman and Eric Willacy defeated Neville Tanner and Jim Starkey 18-16
- Joe O'Donnell and Dennis Beatty defeated Rick Reynolds and Paul Leverett 30-17
- Chris Forrester and Carl Spilker defeated Gordon Lewis and Kevin Stafford 28-24
- Merv Johnston and Don Chapman defeated Kel Limbrick and Mike Holmwood 24-22