On Wednesday, October 31 at Bowral Bowling club two matches in the senior singles was played.
Noel Fraser defeated Peter Morales 31-29.
The winner was determined on the last end.
Morales had a 15-4 lead after nine ends.
Then a change started to come over the match as Fraser started to get into the game, with some eye catching draw shots.
After 20 ends Morales had a 23-19 lead.
Following a great start, Morales was starting to feel the pressure and after a poor start Fraser was starting to get on top and get more involved in his game and took the lead 24-23 on the 24th end.
Both players now started to play top bowls.
On the 30th end Morales had a 29-28 lead and on the next end held two shots that would have given him the match but Fraser with his last bowl won the end by picking up one shot to make the score 29-29.
On the 32nd end Fraser scored two shots to move into the next round.
In the other match, Peter Watson defeated Jim Starkey 31-11.
This was an unexpected win by Watson who only started to play bowls last season.
If Watson can keep this form up he could appear in the final.
At the end in this match Watson moved into the next round with a 20 shot win.
- John Cummins, John Lewis, Paul Rubie defeated Brian Bailey, Jack Davis, Colin stone 24-11.
- Ed Meester, Bill Meredith defeated Vic Roberts, Owen Williams 27-13.
- Keith Scriven, Clive Neutze defeated Richard Denman, Mike Holmwood 21-17.
- Chas Reid, Robin Staples defeated Neville Tanner, Barry Werfel 19-14.
- Joe O’Donnell, Gordon Lewis defeated Kevin Worthington, Mick Flynn 37-17.
- Bob Kennett, Bill Pope, Bill Dodwell defeated John Fleming, Merv Johnston, David chambers 27-12.
Love local news? Sign up to our weekly newsletter