Highlanders are preparing to gather friends and family to host a Biggest Morning Tea.
The money raised from the morning teas will be donated to Cancer Council NSW to assist cancer patients.
One Australian is diagnosed with cancer approximately every five minutes – the length of an average tea break.
Many residents have already put their hands up to host a fundraising Biggest Morning Tea:
- Shonagh Moore at 33 Evans Street, Mittagong, May 23, 10am. Contact Shonagh on 4871 1369.
- Anne Kelly at Bowral Hospital, May 24 and 25, 10am to 3pm. Contact 0417 684 286.
- Corinne Cliffe at Hill Top Memorial Hall, May 24, 6.30pm to 9pm. Contact Annette on 0427 904 677.
- Bundanoon branch of CWA of NSW at 45 Railway Parade, Bundanoon, 10am. Contact Kath Smith on 0427 836 919.
- The Warner Family at Burrawang School of Arts, May 26, 9am to 12pm. This is their 23rd annual fundraiser. Email email@example.com.
- Southern Highlands Cancer Centre, May 26. Contact 4862 2576.
- Destination Southern Highlands on May 30, 10am to 12pm. Contact 4871 2888.
Registrations are still open for businesses, community groups and individuals to take part.
While the official date is May 24, 2017, teas can be held anytime until the end of June.
Visit www.biggestmorningtea.com.au to register.
- If you are hosting a Biggest Morning Tea, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.