Bowral has been included in a severe thunderstorm warning for damaging winds issued by the Bureau of Meteorology.
The warning was issued at 3.11pm, Friday, February 9.
Goulburn reported 93km/h wind gust at about 3:10pm.
The severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds over the next several hours in parts of the Illawarra, South Coast, Southern Tablelands and Snowy Mountains districts.
The NSW State Emergency Service advises that people should:
• Move your car under cover or away from trees.
• Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
• Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
• Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
• Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
• Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
• If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
• Unplug computers and appliances.
• Avoid using the phone during the storm.
• Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
The next warning is due to be issued by 6.15pm.
For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW SES Wingecarribee Unit on 132-500.