This year, on December 9, the community celebrates the 150th anniversary of Moss Vale train station.
Renamed Moss Vale station in 1877, the station was formerly known as Sutton Forest station.
Railway services between Sydney and the Southern Highlands commenced in 1867, when stations at Mittagong, Bowral and Moss Vale were opened.
From 11am on Saturday morning, a ceremony will be held at Moss Vale station to commemorate the occasion, where the Highland Pipe and Drum, the RSL Youth Choir and the School Cadet Unit will perform.
A memorial organised by the Southern Tablelands Arts Committee will also be unveiled to honour the railwaymen who served in the wars.