Competition heated up in the Bowral bowls circuits last week.
The Bowral Women’s Bowlers played for the Rose Hall Trophy recently. The title was claimed by two of the club’s most experienced and longest-playing members Margaret Addie and Fay Jones.
The ladies had a tussle in the early stages of the match, until they hit form from the 13th end and never looked back. They finished with a plus 16. Two teams tied for second on plus 14 and a couple on plus 13.
Meanwhile at Bowral Bowling Club, the first round matches of consistency singles were played on Saturday, August 5 and Sunday, August 6.
In the match of the round, Bob Edwards defeated Harold Wall 152 shots to 146 shots. This game came full circle after 20 ends as Wall led 101 to 89.
Edwards came out the winner at the finish by six shots.
Other results in the consistency singles:
- Greg Taylor defeated Bruce Clynes 153-123.
- Kel Limbrick defeated Michael Flynn 151-135.
- Dan Ticehurst defeated Paul Leverett 150-118.
- Gordon Lewis defeated Robin staples 150-141.
- Bruce Clynes defeated Noel Fraser 150-128.
- Kevin Stafford defeated Jim Starkey 155-137.
- Greg Taylor defeated Ian Armstrong 150- 74.