We’re feeling the winter chill this week – but that’s no excuse to stay indoors. Make the most of your weekend with art exhibitions, markets and Christmas in July celebrations:
Friday, July 14
- A Grand Day Out: Secret Gourmet Villages of the Highlands – 9am to 4pm. Various locations. Details: email@example.com or 0409 555 855.
- A Grand Day Out: High Tea and Vineyards – 9.45am to 4.15pm. Milton Park Country House Hotel, Hordens Road, Bowral. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0409 555 855.
- End of Financial Year stocktake sale – 10am to 5pm. Milk Factory Gallery, 33 Station Street, Bowral. Also on Saturday and Sunday. Details: email@example.com or 4862 1077.
- Power and Pop exhibition by artist Kelvin Taylor – 10am to 6pm. Ten Thousand Paces Gallery, shop 10, 302 Bong Bong Street, Bowral. Also on Saturday and Sunday. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0428294569.
- Woven in Winter exhibition – 10am to 5pm. Sturt Gallery, corner of Range Road and Waverley Place, Mittagong. Also on Saturday and Sunday. Details: 4860 2083.
Saturday, July 15
- 2017 Southern Highlands Writers’ Festival – 9am to 5pm. The Highlands School of Performing Arts. Details: www.shwf.com.au
- This Fragile Land exhibition opening – 2pm. Bowral Art Gallery, 1 Short Street. Details: email@example.com or 4861 4093.
- Brandenburg Quartet – 4.30pm. St Jude’s Church, Bendooley Street, Bowral. Bookings: bradenburg.com.au or 1300 782 856.
- Mittagong Markets – 8am to 2pm. Uniting Church Grounds, corner of Alice and Albert Streets. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0424 095 195.
- Christmas in Winter at Dormie House – 6.30pm. Moss Vale Golf Club, Arthur Street. Bookings essential. Details: email@example.com or 4868 1800.
Sunday, July 16
- Bundanoon Makers’ Markets – 8.30am to 2pm. Soldiers’ Memorial Hall, Railway Avenue. Details: 0411 297 963.