Growth in the Highlands could be assisted by developments worth millions of dollars.
In the past six months, four development applications (DAs) with an estimated value of more than $10 million have been submitted to council. The next six most expensive applications are worth between $3.4 million and $9.6 million.
Mayor Ken Halstead said these types of developments were being submitted as the Highlands was a desirable area to build, and there was a growing need for medium-density housing.
“We’re definitely an area of growth, and applications come in from outside investors and locals,” he said.
“It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that this area will undergo development.”
Mayor Halstead said community input would be considered, and that DAs with an estimated value of more than $10 million could also be submitted to the Joint Regional Planning Panel for review.
The 10 most expensive DAs, in regards to estimated costs, submitted to council in the past six months are:
- 42 Oldbury Road, Sutton Forest, with an estimated cost of $23 million. Application ID 16/1100
- 164 Mittagong Road, Bowral, with an estimated cost of about $22.8 million. Application ID 16/1079
- 50 Erith Street, Bundanoon, with an estimated cost of about $11.2 million, but the DA was withdrawn. Application ID 16/0410
- Loftus Street, Bowral, with an estimated cost of $10 million. Application ID 16/0445
- 439 Argyle Street, Moss Vale, with an estimated cost of about $9.6 million, but the DA was refused. Application ID 16/0361
- 2-4 Station Street, Mittagong,with an estimated cost of about $9.1 million. Application ID 16/0875
- 230 Medway Road, Medway,with an estimated cost of $7.6 million. Application ID 16/0009
- 2792 Canyonleigh Road, Canyonleigh, with an estimated cost of about $6.5 million. Application ID 16/0839
- 9 Bundaroo Street, Bowral, with an estimated cost of about $5.4 million. Application ID 16/1053
- 135 Kells Creek Road, Woodlands, with an estimated cost of $3.4 million. Application ID 16/0604
For more information, use council’s DA tracker: www.wsc.nsw.gov.au/da-tracker.